Environment and society at Kaindl
Environment and health – four reasons for Kaindl products
Wood types from PEFC-certified forests are our preferred choice for the carrier boards used for our floors and boards.
Low-emission production and products
We have drastically reduced exhaust air emissions in production by introducing completely new technologies. In addition, the "GREENGUARD" label ensures that our products are safe and healthy. High-quality room air is therefore guaranteed.
Optimising the use of energy has not only significantly reduced consumption, it has also led to an extensive reduction in the use of fossil fuels.
Recycling instead of special waste
Kaindl floors and wood-based materials are 90% wood. They are not classed as special waste materials and are therefore easy to dispose of in terms of both energy and materials even after years of use. More still: more than 85% of our floors are recycled in the production of chipboard and fibreboard – a prime example of modern recycling.
Ecological milestones at Kaindl
Environmental protection and sustainability have been key principles at Kaindl ever since the company's foundation. That is why we continuously improve our products and infrastructure and have achieved important milestones along the way:
- 1990: Installation of state of the art electric filters to clean exhaust air
- 1999: Conditioning of waste water in bio-scrubbers
- 2000: Recovery of industrial heat for 3,000 homes
- 2003: New installation of the Kaindl Cargo Shuttle: works traffic moved from road to rail
- 2006: Large-scale conversion from fossil fuels to biomass
- 2013: Consumption of heat energy reduced by 20% since 2005
- 2014: Reclaimed wood reaches a purity of 99.8% through recycling
- 2016: CO2 emissions at the Salzburg plant halved since 2013
- 2017: Lungötz plant converted to liquefied natural gas (LNG)
Routine inspections and certifications
Kaindl products fulfil the strictest quality and environmental standards – a statement made not by us, but by numerous independent test institutes. Read here which institutes routinely inspect and certify our products and about Kaindl's involvement in associations.
Kaindl is a member of the following institutions:
- European Producers of Laminate Flooring (EPLF)
- Fachverband der Holzindustrie Österreich
- Pro Holz
Kaindl products are routinely tested by independent institutes
- Fraunhofer Institute for Wood Research WKI
- OETI Österreichisches Textilforschungsinstitut
- ISEGA Unbedenklichkeitserklärungen
- LGA Produktprüfung und Zertifizierung
- IBS Brandschutztechnik und Sicherheitsforschung
- RAL product-related environmental seal "Blue Angel"
- CE Directives
- IHD Institut für Holztechnologie in Dresden
Sponsoring – our contribution to the region
Our roots in Salzburg are reflected by our sponsoring activities: we support regional projects in the social sector and in the fields of culture and sports. In doing so, we adopt responsibility for a region that is quite literally close to our hearts. Here is an extract from our sponsoring activities:
- ASV Taxham
- AC Wals
- Lieferinger SV
- Kindergarten Lungötz
- and many more